Learn More About Piano Chords
How to Play Piano Chords – Playing a C Chord
- Turn on the keyboard by pressing the button titled 'Power' or 'On/Off'.
- Count up 30 keys to get to middle C.
- Once on the middle, count 4 keys to reach E (the second note of the C chord).
- Next count up 3 keys to reach G.
- Now we have the 3 keys within the C chord C-E-G.
- Look for the key function on the keyboard, titled Voice, or bank (This is where you will find different voicing like piano, guitar, violin, or synth sounds. Once in the bank or voice, choose a piano sound, (The good news is that by default, each keyboard starts on piano sound).
- Press down the C, hold it with your pinky finger.
- While holding the C with your pinky finger, place your middle finger on the E.
- While holding the C and E with appropriate fingers, place your thumb on the G.
- Press all of these notes down together.
- Congratulations, you’ve just played a C chord! Practice playing a C chord until you can find it automatically and play it smoothly.
- Now you can go to other sounds in the keyboard by simply pressing the button that has a up symbol to experiment with different sounds like guitar, or organ. (Personally, I love the church organ sound.)
Piano Chords Tutorials: